The Fellows Logo
The Fellows logo is owned by The Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation (FLLWF). FLLWF maintains its international headquarters at Taliesin West in Scottsdale, Arizona. As the organization founded by Wright is to be the repository of his life’s work and ideas, and the first to bear his name, the Foundation is engaged in a broad range of activities to preserve Wright’s legacy; provide opportunities for the public to learn about the principle ideas embodied in his work; increase public awareness of the importance of architecture to society and the individual; and stimulate a demand for excellence in architecture and design.
The Foundation owns Taliesin West (designed 1937-59) in Arizona and Taliesin (designed 1911-59) in Wisconsin. Both properties served as Wright’s personal homes, studios, and architectural laboratories and are integral to understanding his genius. The Foundation works in partnership with the Wisconsin-based non-profit organization, Taliesin Preservation Inc., to conduct programs related to preservation and public access at Taliesin. Both Taliesin and Taliesin West are recognized as National Historic Landmarks, the most elite designation on a national level available for cultural properties in the U.S. Both properties were also nominated for U.S. World Heritage Tentative List status.
The Foundation owns and manages the vast Frank Lloyd Wright Archives at Taliesin West. The Archives—the most complete collection of work by an individual artist housed in a single facility—is the primary resource for scholars and researchers studying Wright’s work and the principles and philosophy underlying it. The Archives is vital to museum curators and others interested in developing exhibitions, films, videos, and books about Wright’s life and work. The Archives is also the major resource for the licensed reproduction of Wright’s decorative designs.
The Foundation operates a broad range of education programs including the accredited Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture – a continuation of the apprenticeship program Wright established in 1932. Over the years the program evolved to meet the changing education requirements that architects must obtain and the school now offers both a Bachelor of Architectural Studies degree as well as the Master of Architecture degree which has full professional accreditation from the National Architectural Accrediting Board. Additionally, the Foundation operates a broad range of educational outreach programs for youth from grades K-12 and a summer camp at Taliesin West.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.